Production Intern (Fall 2019)
The Colored Girl Beautiful is looking for a quick learner with an interest in audio production for our Production Intern to help prep and stitch together audio for the soon-to-be launched podcast this fall. The Production Intern will help with transcription of raw tape, audio editing within Adobe Audition and will help identify compelling tape for potential use within an episode of the podcast.
About The Colored Girl Beautiful: The Colored Girl Beautiful is a narrative podcast exploring the beautiful juxtapositions of black womanhood. In each episode, host Aseloka Smith, will share the story of a black woman searching for balance between strength and vulnerability, friendship and independence, love and ambition, and everything in-between.
Location: Virtual (Preferred that candidates be in the Baltimore area, but not required)
Compensation: College Credit
Commitment: Part time flexible; Up to 10 hours per week; 3-4 month contract, beginning August or September.
- Clean-up transcriptions of raw audio.
- Cut and edit raw tape within Adobe Audition.
- Draft, send and track podcast newsletter and audience outreach
- Assist with other administrative and copy tasks as needed
SUCCESSFUL PRODUCTION INTERN CANDIDATES:
- Have xperience using Adobe Audition or other Digital Audio Workstation
- Exhibit strong attention to detail with well-honed organizational skills
- A good ear for editing natural conversation
- Are computer/Tech savvy
- Learn and adopt practices quickly
- Are comfortable with detailed tasks