Community Engagement Intern (Fall 2020)
The Colored Girl Beautiful is looking for a self motivated and web savy Communications & Media Intern to help build and engage an audience in advance of launching this new podcast in the Fall. The Communications & Media Intern will curate content; monitor, cultivate, and engage with our social communities, and share creative ideas around growing The Colored Girl Beautiful’s social media networks.
About The Colored Girl Beautiful: The Colored Girl Beautiful is a narrative podcast exploring the beautiful juxtapositions of black womanhood. In each episode, host Aseloka Smith, will share the story of a black woman searching for balance between strength and vulnerability, friendship and independence, love and ambition, and everything in-between.
There may also be some opportunity to learn about the audio editing, tape logging and podcast production process but the focus of this position will be communications and social media management for the brand.
Location: Baltimore, MD (preferred) or Remote
Compensation: Course Credit
Commitment: Part time flexible; Up to 10 hours per week; 3-4 month contract.
- Create and curate regular on brand content that builds meaningful connections and encourages follower engagement across social media channels.
- Create Audiograms using Headliner App or similar program
- Monitor, cultivate and engage with followers and relevant influencers, participating in conversations that surround our content, brand and audiences.
- Draft, send and track podcast newsletter and audience outreach
- Assist with other administrative and copy tasks as needed
SUCCESSFUL SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Strong attention to detail with well-honed organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience running brand social accounts
- Adobe Suite (photoshop, illustrator) experience is a plus
- Video and gif editing experience is a plus
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager & Google Analytics
- Professional use of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Experience with CMS platforms like WordPress and Email Marketing programs like MailChimp